The mission of IIHCP Midwifery School is to offer educational pathways to obtain Certified Professional Midwife a nationally recognized certification, as well as fulfilling the requirements of the State of Florida for licensing Midwives under Florida Statue Chapter 467. Midwives are independent practitioners delivering low risk care to healthy women. Our training program embraces the Midwives Model of Care and is based on the fact that pregnancy and birth are normal life processes.
The Midwives Model of Care includes:
- Monitoring the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the mother throughout the childbearing cycle.
- Providing the mother with individualized education, counseling, and prenatal care, continuous hands-on assistance during labor and delivery, and postpartum support.
- Minimizing technological interventions.
- Identifying and referring women who require obstetrical attention.
The application of this woman-centered model of care has been proven to reduce the incidence of birth injury, trauma, and cesarean section.
This school meets all requirements of a post secondary and is degree granting for Associates of Midwifery. IIHCP Midwifery School provides excellence in health career education. The Institute supports and challenges students to increase their health care knowledge and skills and become health care professionals.
To develop this foundation of appropriate skills and knowledge, this institute will:
- Include curriculum that offers the necessary theory and skill development to enable qualified students to sit their national boards, given three times a year, and meet the licensing requirements of the State of Florida, upon completion of the program.
- Employ qualified, motivated faculty to instruct, demonstrate skills and evaluate return demonstrations of those skills.
- Provide an appropriate environment equipped to support the programs offered.
- Pathways to practice Midwifery will be supported.
IIHCP would like your time spent here to be productive, and to assure that you all leave here with the training required so that you can become Florida Licensed Midwives
IIHCP will assist you in your attempt to gain employment. We can make no guarantees as to that, but we will show you what patients are searching for, and what makes a good midwife. You will be given assistance and you will have to make appointments for clinical internships. To do that, there are rules and regulations that must be followed.
The administration and staff would like to extend a welcome to all new students and to those of you who are returning students.